There’s no such thing as quick, magical fixes for your trouble belly spots. If you’re looking for a legit way to whittle away your belly fat, pair the the following waist training exercise routine with some healthier eating.
How this workout works: Repeat the series below three times, resting for one minute between sets.
1. Side plank with twist
- Starting in plank position, have your hands beneath your shoulders, and arms straight.
- Lie down on your right side, with your elbow under your shoulder.
- Your hips should be stacked, so that you can now lift up with your hips.
- Stretch up with your left arm above your shoulder, reaching toward the sky.
- Now, bring your left arm down, under your body, performing a twist.
- Raise back to starting position. Repeat for 15 reps, then switch sides.
2. Heel Touches
- Lie on your back with your feet flat on the ground and your arms by your sides.
- Crunch up by raising your chest towards the ceiling.
- From here, reach for your right heel with your right hand.
- Then reach for your left heel with your left hand.
- Continue alternating for a total of 15 reps per side.
- Remember: Do not move your legs. Keep them firmly attached to the floor and Do not hold your breath!
- Lie faceup on the floor with your legs and arms straight.
- Hold your arms straight above the top of your head. In one movement, simultaneously lift your torso and legs as if you’re trying to touch your toes.
- Lower your body back to the starting position.
- Continue until you’ve completed 15 reps on each side.
4. Spiderman Crunches
- Start in a traditional plank position with your forearms on the ground and your body perfectly straight.
- Bring your right knee forward towards your right elbow, then return to the plank position.
- Repeat by bringing your left knee toward your left elbow. That’s one rep.
- Alternate sides for a total of 15 complete reps for each side.
5. Bicycle Crunches
- Lie flat on the floor with your hands behind your ears.
- Raise your legs about 6 inches off the floor and bring your shoulders up, so that your arms are in a wide V.
- Next, use your abs to drive your right elbow toward your left knee, release, and then drive your left elbow toward your right knee.
- Continue alternating sides. Perform 15 reps for each side.
6. Pilates Hundred
- Lie on your back with your knees bent at 90 degrees, shins parallel to the floor (arms at your sides). Lift your head and shoulders.
- Inhale and pump your arms, palms facing down, 3 to 4 inches off the floor, 5 times. Exhale and pump your arms 5 more times. This is 1 breath cycle, or 1 rep.
- Repeat until you have completed 15 breath cycles.